Training Introduction to RTC-Tools 2
Tuesday, 05 November 2019
Sign in to join
Are you dealing with complex water management questions like these?
- How to best manage a reservoir system for maximum hydropower production and at the same time meet the operational requirements for flood protection and environmental obligations
- How to dewater a lowland polder system with the help of sluices and pumps at lowest energy costs
- How to deal with metrological uncertainty when managing a reservoir system with environmental flow and spill constraints
In this case, the introduction training to RTC-Tools 2 might be interesting for you!
In this 1-day intensive training the basics of model development with RTC-Tools are introduced.
The training is perfect for water system modelers that want to apply optimization techniques for the optimal management of water systems in decision support systems. This could be for daily operations or for planning studies.
No specific knowledge is required for this training. Familiarity with hydraulic modeling and basic knowledge on Python programming is an advantage.
Please bring your own laptop!
Lectures on the basics of modelling with RTC-Tools will be given in the morning. In the afternoon, we will work together on the following hands-on examples:
- Optimization of control in a reservoir system
- Ensembles and tree based optimization.
RTC-Tools is Deltares’ open source software package for control and optimization of environmental water systems. RTC-Tools sets itself apart from other packages with its ease of use, easy integration in Delft-FEWS forecasting systems and features to address forecast uncertainty. RTC-Tools’ Python interface provides high flexibility to configure complex optimization problems with multiple competing objectives.
See the RTC-Tools website for more information.
Sign in to join