Delft3D FM Suite 1D2D offers one modelling environment for the simulation of storm surges, hurricanes, tsunamis, coastal, river and urban floods with detailed local flows and water levels, including catchment hydrology, urban rainfall-runoff, water quality and ecology, and is capable of handling the interactions between these processes. It allows for combinations of flow in closed conduits (1D), such as sewer pipes and metro networks, and open water systems, as well as a variety of real time hydraulic structure control, taking into account hydraulic, hydrological and environmental processes.
On 3 and 5 March 2020, the Delft3D FM Suite 1D2D development team organized demo-sessions to present their progress for the Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation (TKI) project partners. The main functional developments demonstrated were:
- SOBEK 2 model importer implementation for 1D rural models
- GWSW-importer for Dutch sewer models
- Implementation of the Dutch ‘NWRW’ Rainfall Runoff concept
- 1D2D coupling for rural and/or urban models
- Grid refinement
- Side view functionality for 1D rural models
- Visualization of Map file results in the Delft3D FM Suite 1D2D Graphical User Interface (GUI), both spatial and timeseries
As such, the complete set up of a combined 1D-2D urban-rural model was demonstrated in March.
On Thursday 1 October 2020, the follow-up meeting "Delft3D FM Suite 1D2D: e-seminar" will take place. We will address the following topics:
- Overview of developments, process report and next steps (SOBEK End-of-Life, ...)
- Current status Delft3D FM Suite 1D2D (0.9.6 Beta) for both computational core and Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Delft3D FM Suite 1D2D in practice; focus on the applications
- Lumbricus project link: groundwater-surface water interaction
- Three new TKI project initiatives
- E-drink (Bring-Your-Own)
Please note this is a BY INVITATION ONLY event.
Please sign in (top right corner) using your MyDeltares account.
If you already have either a DSD or OSS account and no MyDeltares account yet, then click on the link Forgot Password? to setup your MyDeltares account including a new password. Once you have completed the password reset you can login.
After the MyDeltares registration or signing in, it will be possible for you to register for individual 2020 events, get a personal overview (My schedule), make changes in your schedule, profile etc.
You will receive an email confirmation from GoToWebinar with further instructions. Note that you can easily attend the session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device. For more details, please visit the GoToWebinar website for the GoToWebinar System Requirements.
If you come across any problems with the registration, please contact our team at email@example.com.
START OF THE SESSION
Please check in early to test your audio and video. We will open the session at 13:50 (CEST, Delft time), 10 minutes before the start of the webinar.