Within the framework of the current societal climate change impact discussions, NCK and DSD-INT organise a webinar to explore the impact of sea level rise on the hydrodynamics and morphodynamics in Dutch estuaries on Tuesday, the 27th of October. The aims of the webinar are to present a broad overview on ongoing research efforts by NCK partners and to identify knowledge gaps and research directions in an interactive, online setting.
The programme consists of 10-minute presentations followed by 5 minutes of questions. The presentations are followed by an open discussion by all participants on identification of knowledge gaps and research directions. We will conclude by a plenary presentation of the discussion findings. The character of the presentations will be directed to physical aspects, but the discussions may explore implications for management and policy.
One of the key software products used is the Delft3D Suite.
About Netherlands Centre for Coastal Research (NCK):
The Netherlands Centre for Coastal Research (NCK) is a cooperative network of private, governmental and independent research institutes and universities, all working in the field of coastal research. The NCK links the strongest expertise of its partners, forming a true centre of excellence in coastal research in The Netherlands. For more information, please visit the website: https://www.nck-web.org/.
Other sessions that may be of interest to you:
- Tuesday, 3 November, 2020: XBeach User Day - Australian Time zone
- Tuesday, 10 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Inland to Estuary
- Thursday, 12 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast, Lagoon and Estuary
- Tuesday, 17 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast, Lagoon and Estuary
- Wednesday, 18 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Hydrodynamics
- Thursday, 19 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast to Offshore
- Wednesday, 25 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Water Quality
- Tuesday, 1 December 2020: DANUBIUS-RI Modelling Node
- Tuesday, 1 December 2020: Delft3D User Days - HABITAT – Environmental impact analysis
- Thursday, 3 December 2020: EcoShape - Taking the stage in Building with Nature
- Wednesday, 9 December 2020: Delft3D User Days - Upcoming Delft3D FM Suite 2021 release
Please sign in (top right corner) using your MyDeltares account.
If you already have either a DSD or OSS account and no MyDeltares account yet, then click on the link Forgot Password? to setup your MyDeltares account including a new password. Once you have completed the password reset you can login.
After the MyDeltares registration or signing in, it will be possible for you to register for individual 2020 events, get a personal overview (My schedule), make changes in your schedule, profile etc.
You will receive an email confirmation from GoToWebinar with further instructions. Note that you can easily attend the session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device. For more details, please visit the GoToWebinar website for the GoToWebinar System Requirements.
If you come across any problems with the registration, please contact our team at email@example.com.
START OF THE SESSION
Please check in early to test your audio and video. We will open the session at 13:20 (CET, Delft time), 10 minutes before the start of the webinar.