Day 2 and 3 of our Delft3D Australia User Days focusses on modelling coastal, lagoon and estuarine systems. Presentations cover a broad spectrum from waves impact at the coast, to sediment transport to the advantages of modelling in 3D vs 2D. We will see presentation on lagoons, reefs, the impact of wave farms on the nearshore as well as the modelling of dredging plumes.
For your convenience, this webinar will take place:
- 16:00 – 18:00 (AEDT)
- 15:00 – 17:00 (AEST)
- 13:00 – 15:00 (AWST)
- 06:00 - 08:00 (CET, Delft time)
Keynote: “2D or not 2D: Is three-dimensional modelling required for passive dredging plume modelling?” by Paul Branson (CSIRO/WAMSI/UWA)
“Predicting nearshore effects of wave farms: Phase-averaged vs Phase resolving models” by Daniel R. David (UWA)
“Following Sediment Transport Pathways with SedTRAILS” by Stuart Pearson (Deltares)
“Wave and tide-driven flow at Mermaid Reef, Northwestern Australia” by Camille Grimandi (UWA/ARC Center of excellence for coral reef studies)
“Lagoon Entrance Management, Erosion & Scour and Flood Mitigation" by Chris Scraggs (Cardno)
Other sessions that may be of interest to you:
- Tuesday, 27 October 2020: NCK webinar Rising Sea Level in Estuaries: Impact on Tide and Morphology
- Tuesday, 3 November, 2020: XBeach User Day - Australian Time zone
- Tuesday, 10 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Inland to Estuary
- Tuesday, 17 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast, Lagoon and Estuary
- Wednesday, 18 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Hydrodynamics
- Thursday, 19 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast to Offshore
- Wednesday, 25 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Water Quality
Please sign in (top right corner) using your MyDeltares account.
If you already have either a DSD or OSS account and no MyDeltares account yet, then click on the link Forgot Password? to setup your MyDeltares account including a new password. Once you have completed the password reset you can login.
After the MyDeltares registration or signing in, it will be possible for you to register for individual 2020 events, get a personal overview (My schedule), make changes in your schedule, profile etc.
You will receive an email confirmation from GoToWebinar with further instructions. Note that you can easily attend the session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device. For more details, please visit the GoToWebinar website for the GoToWebinar System Requirements.
If you come across any problems with the registration, please contact our team at email@example.com.
START OF THE SESSION
Please check in early to test your audio and video. We will open the session at 05:50 (CET, Delft time), 10 minutes before the start of the webinar.