On Day 4 of the Delft3D Australia User Days the presentations still include examples of the effects of wave processes at the coast, but in addition we move further offshore to see models which include cyclone impacts at the coast. Our keynote in this session presents a decision support tool which s being used to optimise sand placement which, like in Day 3, explores the link between management and modelling.
For your convenience, this webinar will take place:
- 16:00 – 18:00 (AEDT)
- 15:00 – 17:00 (AEST)
- 13:00 – 15:00 (AWST)
- 06:00 - 08:00 (CET, Delft time)
Keynote: “Decision support tool to optimize sand placement through backpassing” by Guilherme Vieira da Silva (Griffith University) and Joshua Taylor (City of Gold Coast)
“Delft3D cyclone modelling for the Burdekin Extreme Sea Level Assessment” by Daniel Rodger (JBPacific)
“Cyclone studies near the Pilbara region, Australia Northwest” by Frederic Saint-Cast (Cardno)
“Using Delft3D to investigate wave dynamics and sediment transport in South Australia” by Graziela Miot da Silva (Flinders University)
“The Victorian Coastal Monitoring Program: Coastal Compartment Modelling” by Chloe Leach (University of Melbourne)
“Efficient and robust decadal forecasting for sandy coasts, barrier islands and headlands" by Bas Huisman (Deltares)
Other sessions that may be of interest to you:
- Tuesday, 27 October 2020: NCK webinar Rising Sea Level in Estuaries: Impact on Tide and Morphology
- Tuesday, 3 November, 2020: XBeach User Day - Australian Time zone
- Tuesday, 10 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Inland to Estuary
- Thursday, 12 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast, Lagoon and Estuary
- Tuesday, 17 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast, Lagoon and Estuary
- Wednesday, 18 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Hydrodynamics
- Wednesday, 25 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Water Quality
Please sign in (top right corner) using your MyDeltares account.
If you already have either a DSD or OSS account and no MyDeltares account yet, then click on the link Forgot Password? to setup your MyDeltares account including a new password. Once you have completed the password reset you can login.
After the MyDeltares registration or signing in, it will be possible for you to register for individual 2020 events, get a personal overview (My schedule), make changes in your schedule, profile etc.
You will receive an email confirmation from GoToWebinar with further instructions. Note that you can easily attend the session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device. For more details, please visit the GoToWebinar website for the GoToWebinar System Requirements.
If you come across any problems with the registration, please contact our team at email@example.com.
START OF THE SESSION
Please check in early to test your audio and video. We will open the session at 05:50 (CET, Delft time), 10 minutes before the start of the webinar.