Building with Nature requires integration of system knowledge and specific technology. Large-scale system analysis and understanding of the driving processes, both physical & ecological, and natural dynamics are key to create smart Nature based solutions. Smart solutions are dynamic, meaning they change and develop over time. In order to make these solutions dynamic a specific monitoring and maintenance approach is required. In this webinar we will explain how to create smart, dynamic Nature based solutions and show the importance of combing system knowledge with a good monitoring plan. The use of satellite data and various types of software, such as the Delft3D FM Suite, support creating successful Nature based solutions. Examples of how these and other applications were used in different Building with Nature projects will be presented during the webinar.
This webinar is the second part of a webinar series on Building with Nature, if you are interested in Nature based solutions please join the other webinars too! In the first part of this webinar series, which will be aired on 29 October 2020, we will explain how to set the stage for your Building with Nature projects by discussing institutional embedding and financing. In the last part of this webinar series, which will be aired on the 14th of January, we will discuss capacity building and creating multi-stakeholder involvement.
- 6 November 2020 Setting the stage in Building with Nature
- 3 December 2020 Taking the stage in Building with Nature (Part of the DSD-INT 2020 programme)
- 14 January 2021 Expanding the stage in Building with Nature
For more information, please visit: https://www.ecoshape.org/en/
Other sessions that may be of interest to you:
- Tuesday, 27 October 2020: NCK webinar Rising Sea Level in Estuaries: Impact on Tide and Morphology
- Tuesday, 3 November, 2020: XBeach User Day - Australian Time zone
- Tuesday, 10 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Inland to Estuary
- Thursday, 12 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast, Lagoon and Estuary
- Tuesday, 17 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast, Lagoon and Estuary
- Wednesday, 18 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Hydrodynamics
- Thursday, 19 November, 2020: Delft3D User Days - Australian Time zone: Coast to Offshore
- Wednesday, 25 November 2020: Delft3D User Days - European Time zone: 3D Water Quality
- Tuesday, 1 December 2020: DANUBIUS-RI Modelling Node
- Tuesday, 1 December 2020: Delft3D User Days - HABITAT – Environmental impact analysis
- Wednesday, 9 December 2020: Delft3D User Days - Upcoming Delft3D FM Suite 2021 release
Please sign in (top right corner) using your MyDeltares account.
If you already have either a DSD or OSS account and no MyDeltares account yet, then click on the link Forgot Password? to setup your MyDeltares account including a new password. Once you have completed the password reset you can login.
After the MyDeltares registration or signing in, it will be possible for you to register for individual 2020 events, get a personal overview (My schedule), make changes in your schedule, profile etc.
You will receive an email confirmation from GoToWebinar with further instructions. Note that you can easily attend the session from anywhere, anytime using a compatible computer or mobile device. For more details, please visit the GoToWebinar website for the GoToWebinar System Requirements.
If you come across any problems with the registration, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
START OF THE SESSION
Please check in early to test your audio and video. We will open the session at 14:50 (CET, Delft time), 10 minutes before the start of the webinar.